Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Diagnosis

Well I got my official diagnosis yesterday at the doctors. I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome with a touch of sub clinical Hypothyroidism on the side. You can find out more about PCOS here if you are interested. Given the nature of PCOS I'm going to go with the "less is more" approach to blogging about it. If you want more info you know where to find me. :)
Here's been my general thought process about it over the last couple weeks:

"Oh wow, that would explain all of these problems I've been having for years! It's not just that my body is falling apart!!"

"Oh.. no cure for it and it can lead to very serious health problems, not to mention fertility problems..."

"I don't think I like knowing my testosterone levels are very high. That does nothing to stroke my femininity."

"But there are some treatment options that should help with the symptoms."

"Oh you're saying if the metformin doesn't help with the symptoms then there isn't much else to help with them if we want to get pregnant anytime in the near future? AND I have to completely change my eating habits? YAY!!"

Anyways, I was in a pretty bad mood about it yesterday, (poor Glenn) but I'm not intending to stay in one. Its actually fairly common in women, one out of 10 have it. I know a couple myself so I will have a few comrades in this journey. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment