Monday, April 27, 2009

First House

So as you can tell from our previous posts we've embraced our (mostly) blissful domestication and are under contract for our first house.



Since our offer was accepted I've driven past the house about once a week just because. It helps that the house is only a few minutes from our apartment. (Hopefully they haven't noticed the black saab driving by every week!) I was glad to see that this week they finally put up the "Under Contract" sign.

Whats very odd is that up to about 2 years ago I would've said you were crazy if you told me I would be living in the suburbs in a house like this. I had no interest in a traditional house with its picket fence, a dog, or 2.5 kids. I was completely set on us living abroad or at the very least an urban loft somewhere. Look at us now! No kids, but the thought doesn't consistently send me screaming from the room like it once did. Funny how time can change things.

We've had a lot of fun so far buying the house and thinking about what we would like to do with it and really no major panic attacks to speak of so far. Hopefully that means we're making the right decision for us now!