Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Coming soon!

My sister is having a baby any day now! We are so excited to meet the new baby boy! I can't wait for Eliza to meet him and have a new cousin to play with. In February we threw my sister a shower to help her get ready for this new, exciting, and expensive time in their lives! We had a great group of people join us and I had a good time creating things for the shower. I left all the yummy, creative food prep and coordination to my mom, grandmother, and aunt and they did an amazing job! I wanted to share a few pictures on here from the shindig, but of course I completely forgot to take even one picture. :( I think that makes me a very bad at this blogging thing. Fortuitously my brother-in-law took some pictures. We went with a "Cute as a Button" theme for the shower.


The yummy food spread



Another of the food and  the flower arrangement created by my grandmother



My gorgeous sister



The loot! Also, a beautiful afghan by my mother for baby b.


Trike diaper cake. My mom and I had fun putting this guy together!



Button cake, cake pops and pretzels. Cake was red velvet with cream cheese icing and fondant buttons!



Close up of fondant buttons created by my mom



Shadow box of invitation and button flowers


'Cute as a button' cookie favors that my mom outdid herself on. These were super cute. Sorry no close up picture of these!


Button flower arrangement. These were a lot of fun to make and hunt buttons for.


My nephew's nursery. My sister did a great job of putting together this room. It is so sweet and full of love. My mom, sister and I spent a few days over the holidays making these yarn eggs and I think they look great hanging in the corner. 

 



I made this fabric garland for the room. It's the same pattern of the one I made for Eliza's first birthday but with colors to match baby b's nursery.

Everything is ready (well, as ready as can be) for baby b so now we are just waiting to meet him. I know he will be cute as a button (or much cuter!) :) 




4 comments:

  1. Cutest diaper cake I've seen! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how amazing everything was for the baby shower. The pictures don't do it justice! Baby B is lucky to have such an amazing Aunt. And he will learn all sorts of trouble from miss Eliza :)
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Love love love the nursery, and OF COURSE the party decor was wayyy creative and beautiful! Does "baby b" stand for baby "boy?" Congratulations, Hannah and to the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! And you and your mom need to go into business doing party decorations!!!!

    ReplyDelete