Monday, February 7, 2011

Eliza's Space

I think Eliza's room is as together as it's going to get! Fortunately we had most of it done early on since I was expecting to be on bed rest for a while. We had fun making and repurposing stuff for her room. She obviously doesn't care but I think it makes it even more special for us.





My mom and aunt made the bedding and curtain that I love - I just picked out the material. See the chest freezer in the corner? It's Eliza's milk conveniently (or not so conveniently!) located. ;) 



Monogram I made for Eliza from buttons I gathered from my mom and mother in law.


Bookshelf with miscellaneous items from my childhood, and toys and stuffed animals that her nurses have given her over the months. 
 


Glenn's previously well worn chest that we painted and put new hardware on to be the dresser and changing table for baby.



The picture frame hanging on the wall is Eliza's picture, footprint and hand print that we took on her due date, December 27th. We wanted to have something to remember that day by.



The embroidered Noah's Ark that was in my nursery and before that in my cousins'. The vase on the left is filled with washcloth lollipops that were made for the baby shower I didn't get to attend! The blocks on the right of the shelf are for each of the triplets. In memory of Oliver and Charlotte, and in honor of Eliza. 



Glenn bought these carnival masks for the triplets in Las Vegas when we first found out we were expecting. They are mini versions of the full- sized ones we have in our living room.


I could post more but since my computer is taking ages tonight I will leave it at that. Now we are just waiting to move baby in! :) 

8 comments:

  1. The room is beautiful!!! And so filled with special memories already! I couldn't imagine any place more special and fitting for Eliza to be. It's already brimming with love!
    ~Lissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful room, but even more important- the love is so very evident in every item. Eliza will have that love surrounding her everyday. You can tell her today "Happy 5 month birthday" and we are all ready to spoil her at camp. Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely nursery! All the best to your family. You've been in this stranger's thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Such a happy room. She'll love all the bright colors and fun stuff. Good Job Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again you have amazed me with your creativity...gotta tell ya, I was a little unsure when I saw the material and colors but the room could not be more beautiful and full of love. Eliza is a lucky girl-Auntie Hannah
    P.S. I think you guys are needing a visit soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The nursery looks beautiful!!

    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute room! I love it! Can't wait to see photos of little Miss Eliza IN her room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!!! What a gorgeous room!!

    ReplyDelete