Monday, November 1, 2010

It's been a month today

Since our Charlotte passed away. I've been thinking about her a lot and even called Eliza "Charlotte" to the nurse. That was painful.

It was so hard to go back to the hospital the day after she passed away and yet I think it would have been even harder not to. As difficult as it is being at the hospital day in and out, it's also where we spent all of our time with Charlotte and Oliver -  and I get to feel a little closer to the memories of them by being there.

Last week the word "triplet" mysteriously dropped off of Eliza's list of "issues" that are read off every morning during rounds. That bothered me more than I would have guessed. She went from "24 week triplet" to "24 weeker." I mentioned that I wasn't a big fan of the change to one of the nurse practitioners and the omission was corrected. Now every morning when I hear "24 week triplet" it brings a small smile to my face knowing that Charlotte and Oliver won't be forgotten.

2 comments:

  1. I love it that you said something to the nurse, even though I can guarantee you Charlotte and Oliver will always be in our hearts and not forgotten. I think it's important, too, that your medical staff remember that they're dealing with families, not just statistics!

    Your children are beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. :)

    ~Lissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. She'll always be a triplet...she's just luckier than most with 2 angels watching over her. Good for you for speaking up. I would have done the same thing! You're a wonderful mom :)

    ReplyDelete