Thursday, March 25, 2010

Diaper Cakes and Cake Truffles


I've had fun lately putting together a diaper cake for a friends baby shower. This is the second one I've done and I think its a fun gift and makes for a pretty cool decoration or centerpiece. This one consisted of a bottle of champagne, 200 diapers, 6 pacifiers, numerous washcloths, socks, and miscellaneous other toys and baby supplies from her registry. It comes out looking like this:

IMG_1945

Vase of washcloth rosebuds: 

IMG_1972 

Here is the previous one I made:

IMG_0752

If anyone likes the look and wants a unique gift for a mom-to-be, let me know. :)

I've also had some fun making these cake truffles I found on this site, Bakerella. Mine look nowhere as good, but they were very yummy.  These were for Valentines day, Red velvet cake truffles.

IMG_1920 IMG_1924

And these for St. Patrick's Day, Mint Oreo Truffles
 
DSC_0034


1 comment:

  1. Great job Heather!! The diaper cakes are so cute and the truffles look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete